It is Spring!
And this just calls for a good sprucing of hysterically elegant music to accompany you through the sedated hedonisms of this coming long weekend:
From East to West and back East again, our Third Elegant Weekender playlist is packed with the perverse, the exotic and the downright sophisticated: Swoon at Marlene’s cover of Blowing in the Wind and groove down to Mehmet Aslan’s Yasadim until the wee hours of the night! Perpendicularly opposite styles blend in harmony when the morose Koto arrangements of Kimio Eto entwine with Lizabeth Scott’s chainsmoking coloraturas about having men around the house!
Camp sounds straight to your ears! Divine decadence and luxury! Audible gold! Now!
- Daphne Oram – Rotolock
- Kimio Eto – Midori No Asa
- Françoise Hardy – Bown Bown Bown
- Lizabeth Scott – It’s so Nice to Have a Man Around the House
- Cathy Berberian – I Want to Hold your Hand
- Gal Costa – Baby
- Mehmet Aslan – Yasadim
- Gloria Ann Taylor – Love is a Hurtin’ Thing
- The Flamingos – I Only Have Eyes for You
- Meiko Kaji – Urami Bushi
- Marlene Dietrich – Blowing in the Wind
- U.S. Girls – Mad As Hell
- Giovanni Fusco – Marianne
- Vivaldi – Concerto for two violins in A Minor RV522
By the lovely musical elves at The Lujon Magazine